Welcome to the Spring 2011 Great Plains Renaissance Festival Photo Contest!
Starting April 16th until
April 23rd, 2011 (Extended! Â The deadline is now May 1st, 2011!) we’ll be accepting entries into this first ever open photo contest for the Great Plains Renaissance festival!
From April 16th until May 8th we’ll have open voting – voting is as simple as someone hitting the Facebook ‘like’ button on your photo! Â At midnight on May 8th, 2011 we’ll look through all the photos and find the one with the most likes wins!
Prize package for the winner will be announced soon!
Of course, you can’t have a contest without rules:
- Each person is allowed up to five entries into the photo contest. We’ll give you more than one chance to show your best work – plus, it’s always way too hard to figure out what shot is ‘perfect’ when you’ve taken fifty pictures!
- Photos are previewed for content and acceptability. We reserve the right to decide what acceptable is, along with culling out pictures that are extremely poorly taken (for instance, excessively blurry shots won’t be accepted.)
- Pre-watermarked photos are not accepted. Rule 4 & 6 will clarify why, but, please upload your photos without a watermark, additional text, etc. Â (You’re free to crop your photos or otherwise adjust them before uploading.)
- Great Plains Renaissance Festival and it’s partners may make use of the photo. You are allowing the unlimited (and non-exclusive) use of your photo entry on the website, Facebook, or anywhere that the Great Plains Renaissance Festival, Eagles Realm, and it’s partners feel are of appropriate use.
- You own it. By uploading the photo you’re agreeing that you own the rights to it – for instance, you didn’t download it from somewhere else and post it on here.
- You get credit. While the Great Plains Renaissance Festival, Eagles Realm, Â and it’s partners can potentially make use of your photo, they also agree to credit your photo within it’s usage.
- It’s from the Spring 2011 Great Plains Renaissance Festival in Wichita, Kansas, taken between April 16th and 17th. Content from other festivals, gatherings, etc. will not be accepted, nor will photos from previous years festivals be accepted.
- Entries from all sources accepted. That means both amateur and professionals both can enter!
- And throw in a little fame... If you provide us a link to your website, Facebook page, Twitter account, or whatever else strikes your fancy, we’ll be sure to add it to the contest page!
Also: ALL IMAGES MUST BE SMALLER THAN 7 MB TO BE UPLOADED. If you’re using a 12 megapixel camera, there’s a really good chance you’re going to need to resize your photos before uploading them – you’ll know when you try, it will give you an error.
Error: Contact form not found.