Great Plains Renaissance Festival
Food Vendor Application
Saturday and Sunday – 10AM -6PM – Sedgwick County Park – Wichita, Kansas
THIS IS A JURIED EVENT AND ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON QUALITY AND APPROPRIATENESS OF PRODUCT/DISPLAY. All application fees will be deposited upon receipt. If your application is refused, your fee will be returned and you may resubmit.
Small Food Vendor Location $165
- $15 Late Fee For Submissions After August 15th, 2022
- 15′ x 15′ Space
- Loation in Food Pavilion Area
- Two Free Faire Passes For Workers ($3 each for more)
Large Food Vendor Locaiton $250
- $15 Late Fee For Submissions after August 15th, 2022
- 20′ x 30′ Space
- Location in Food Pavilion Area
- Two Free Faire Passes For Workers ($3 each for more)
FOOD VENDOR SPACE:
and 20% of gross sales, due BEFORE you leave the Fair grounds. If your booth frontage is wider than 15′ you MUST purchase a Large space (20′ x 30′) for $250 PAID IN ADVANCE, and 20% of gross sales, due BEFORE you leave the Fair grounds. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS YOU WILL NOT BE WELCOMED BACK.
FOOD VENDOR SETUP will be done in the order the applications are received.
Standard spaces are $165 until August 15th, 2022. After this date it will be $180 depending on approval and available space. All applications fees will be deposited upon receipt. If you are not accepted, we will mail you a refund check and a reason for denial. Please note that the food vendor deadline is different from the craft vendor deadline.
Please call 316 253-3392 or e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.
All federal, state and local laws governing retail sales tax must be followed. You are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes.
Welcome to the Great Plains Renaissance Festival. Thank you for helping us to Keep the Renaissance in Wichita. We will do our very best to provide you the type of customer service that you deserve, it is our goal to make the Great Plains Renaissance Festival the best possible experience for you that we possibly can. We hope you will choose to join us. Many exciting events are planned for our 9th year including our full scale Viking Invasion Re-enactment! Festival hours are 10 AM to 6 PM on Saturday and Sunday
Following are the Vendor Rules for the Great Plains Renaissance Festival:
1. The deadline for vendor applications (without a late fee) is August 15th, 2022. There is a $25.00 late fee for applications post marked after August 15th, 2022, provided space is available. Get yours in early for the best chance to be part of the action.
2. You may set up anytime between 7 AM and 10 PM on starting at 7 AM. No setup of vendors will be allowed after 9:00 AM on . All vehicles must be off the festival grounds be 9:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday, and parked in the designated vendor parking area. Failure to comply will result in expulsion with no refund. Tear down will be allowed after the Festival closes at 6:00 PM on Sunday, . Vehicles will be allowed on site, as soon as possible, after the last huzzah at the front gate is over, and patrons have left this area. Each vendor will be responsible for the cleanup of their own assigned space.
3. Vendor spaces must be manned and open for business at all times during the festival hours. There are no rain dates and no refund will be granted in the event of inclement weather.
4. You will get two passes for every 15’—15′ space for your booth workers. Additional passes will costs $3.00 each. If you have more help coming in after the gate opens, and need additional passes, please contact us.
5. We have limited electrical outlets for vendor use.
6. Please fill in a complete list of wares even if you have been a past vendor.
7.THIS IS A JURIED SHOW. Vendors will be selected based upon quality, appropriateness, uniqueness, and presentation. It doesn’t hurt to get your application in early either. The jury process will begin on and acceptance letters will be mailed out as soon as possible. You may be asked to limit or eliminate certain wares in order to be accepted. If you are not accepted we will mail you a refund check and the reason for denial. If your application is rejected, you may resubmit. All decisions of our vendor committee are final. If you have any questions regarding this rule, please ask.
8.All vendors are required to obey the rules of Sedgwick County Part as well as the State of Kansas. Kansas Law requires you must be 18 or older to purchase weapons.
9. No weapon sales to minors, PERIOD. Violation of this rule will lead to expulsion from the festival, surrender of merchant fees and banishment from all future Great Plains Renaissance Festivals as well as possible legal actions. All weapons must be sheathed or boxed and peace tied at all times. No firearm sales will be allowed on site.
10. No drug paraphernalia shall be sold or kept by vendors on site. Controlled substances are strictly forbidden per State and County Laws. Please help us adhere to the law. Vendors in violation of this rule will be shut down and removed from the festival grounds, as well as possible legal actions. No refunds will be given.
11. Vendors or performers will not consume alcoholic beverages during festival hours.
PERIOD!!! This means no soda, tea, coffee, water, and alcoholic beverages of any kind. We will shut down any vendor violating this rule. No refunds will be granted, no exceptions.
13. All federal, state, and local laws governing retail sales tax must be followed. You must understand the rules and regulations and comply. All vendors are responsible for their own taxes, licenses, and permits. (Sales tax is currently 7.3%) Sales are strictly between the vendor and patron only.
14. Merchants may stay overnight in their tents. We do not currently have a separate camping area available. Be courteous to your neighbors. Site is primitive with no showers available. No fires will be permitted.
15.We will have limited security overnight on Friday before the faire. Safeguard your wares accordingly. Leaving wares unattended overnight is at your own risk.
17. No pets allowed except for trained animals helping special needs patrons and vendors.
18. Management must approve all literature, flyers, printed material, and/or handouts before distribution on festival grounds. Submissions must be made no later than .
19. Do not cut or damage perimeter fence. You will be held liable for damages.
20. Vendors will be pre-assigned spaces. We will do our best to make sure everyone has a good spot. Please cooperate with our staff. All decisions of the merchant coordinator will be final.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls after 10 PM CST, please. We do our best to accommodate any special requests. Please include these on the â€œcommentsâ€ part of the application. Thank you.
By submitting this form you agree you have read, understood and will abide by the Great Plains Vendor Rules.
[st_box title=”Before Proceeding” type=”info”]Be sure to have submitted your application in step 1 before doing step 2 (or, you’ll lose all of your information, and have to fill it out again!)[/st_box]
Step 2: Select which vendor site size you need.
You can purchase more than one vendor site if necessary.
The application process for Food Vendors for the Spring 2022 Great Plains Renaissance Festival is now closed! Watch for the Fall 2022 application process to begin soon!
Small (15′ x 15′) Food Vendor Tent Location < >
Large (20′ x 30′) Food Vendor Tent Location < >
If paying by check or money order, send payment to:
212 N. Delrose
Wichita, Kansas 67208
No application is complete until payment has been received.