The Wichita Highland Games and Celtic Festival has been chosen as the weight over bar Championships as well as the All-American Championships at our spring show April 21st and 22nd, 2018 at Sedgwick County Park in Wichita, KS. We are greatly honored to host these world class Olympic level events right here in Wichita. Be part of the action and come out and support local events and these great athletes who will represent the USA in the 2018 IHGF World Amateur Highland Games Championships in France!
2018 IHGF All-American Highland Games Series Schedule
by Francis Brebner
The International Highland Games Federation (IHGF) is pleased to announce the 2018 IHGF All-American Highland Games series, made up of ten games held across the USA:
- Queen Mary, Costa Mesa, CA – 17–18th February 2018
- Phoenix, AZ – 3–4 March; IHGF All-American Caber Tossing Championships
- Las Vegas, NV – 14–15 April; IHGF All-American 56-lb. Distance Championships
- Wichita, KS – 21–22 April; IHGF All-American 56-lb. WOB Championships
- Albuquerque, NM – 20-21; IHGF All-American 28-lb. Distance Championships
- Costa Mesa, CA – 26–27 May; IHGF All-American 16-lb. Open Stone Putt Championships
- Pikes Peak, CO – 14–15 June; IHGF All-American 28-lb. Braemar Stone Putt Championships
- Dublin, OH – 4–5 August; IHGF All-American 22-lb. Hammer Throwing Championships
- Topeka, KS – 18 August; All-American 16-lb. Hammer Throwing Championships
- Broken Arrow, OK – 17–18 September
- Wichita, KS – 24–25 September, All-American Championships
At each games in the series, the athlete with the most points overall in the competition will progress to the 2018 IHGF All-American Championships, which will be held at the Great Plains Renaissance Fair & Highland Games (Wichita, Kansas), 24–25 September.
From there, the winner of the 2018 IHGF All-American Championships will represent his country at the 2018 IHGF World Amateur Highland Games Championships, which will be held in Bressuire, France, and will also compete in the IHGF World Highland Games series planned for 2019.